Wellbeing and Resilience in the Workplace
Jewel Training specialist associates deliver tailored programmes to build resilience in your staff. They will discover tools to release physical, emotional, mental and spiritual energy including the techniques of anchoring positive states and the practice of mindfulness. Jewel Training will come to your place of work and run workshops at times that suit you.
Jewel Building Resilience programme can achieve the following outcomes:
- Each employee to have resilience training which includes understanding themselves and how they deal with stress
- How to increase resilience
- Provide usable coping strategies
We can offer a range of workshops in this programme. From two hour awareness sessions for all staff, to a full one day facilitated session for Managers which will analyse the root causes of workplace pressure and establish actions to reduce or eliminate them.
Jewel Building Resilience In-House Workshops
Building Resilience (two hour workshop)
Resilience is the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or significant sources of stress — such as family and relationship problems, serious health problems or workplace and financial stressors. It means "bouncing back" from difficult experiences. In this workshop we will:
- Explore the four zones of performance: Burnout, Survival, Recovery and Performance
- Which zone are you in now and where would you like to be?
- Discover tools to release your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual energy
Introduction to Mindfulness (two hour workshop)
Mindfulness can improve clarity, focus and performance and help people at all levels thrive in the workplace. Training the mind to be in the here and now, making the most of every moment instead of getting stuck in a vicious cycle of unhelpful thinking can enhance creativity and confidence and lead to better decision making and wiser choices. In this workshop we will cover:
- What is Mindfulness?
- Practicing Mindfulness.
- Where and when can Mindfulness be used?
- The 3 minute technique.
Mental Health Awareness (half day workshop) in partnership with Oxfordshire Mind
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood. In this workshop we will cover:
- An introduction to Mental Health.
- Signs and symptoms of Mental Health issues including self-harm and suicide.
- How to support individuals.
- The law and reasonable adjustments.
- Looking after yourself as a line manager.
- Practical ways to encourage wellbeing in the workplace.
Understanding Stress (half day workshop)
Life is full of stress. Sometimes it comes and goes and sometimes it lingers. Sometimes our stressors are small, and sometimes they are big. Stress may come from within or come from an outside source. There are different types and causes of stress. Understanding stress is an important part of stress management. In this half day workshop we will cover:
- Identifying stress in self and others.
- Identifying the causes.
- Understanding the psychological, physiological and physical effects of stress.
- Positive strategies to deal with stress.
Business Strategies for Workplace Pressure (One day workshop) for Managers
This workshop is ideal for managers who would like to understand the strategies and skills required for dealing with workplace pressure in others. We will also look at the root causes and establish action plans for reducing and/or eliminating these.
- How we recognise pressure in others (individuals and teams).
- Appropriate management behaviours to support staff under pressure.
- Analyse the root causes of workplace pressure.
- Develop clear business strategies to reduce/eliminate the root causes.
- Action planning and implementation.
We would recommend a half day facilitated session to follow on from this workshop. This will allow time to reflect on the actions from the workshop and their impact and further action planning to ensure sustainability.
These are all samples of workshops we've run in-house. We'd be happy to discuss the best workshop(s) for your organisation.