What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering interest with us for training (of any duration), this may include your:
- full name
- contact details (telephone number(s), postal and email addresses)
- date of birth
- National Insurance number
- previous qualifications
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this data protection (privacy) policy.
We may use your personal information to:
- Communicate and keep in touch with you in order to perform our contract with you as a client, registered delegate or supplier.
- Register you with Awarding Organisations (for example ILM, City & Guilds, Pearson) if you are studying for a recognised qualification.
- Enrol you as a student with a funding partner (for example Chichester College, Abingdon & Witney College).
- Process UK government (Skills Funding Agency (SFA)) or European (European Social Fund (ESF)) funding for training courses, through a funding partner.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you development insights, training tips and notifications of open courses.
- Occasional e-newsletter marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email (you can “unsubscribe” or inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide statutory third parties with statistical information about our students and/or customers – but this information will not be used to identify any individual.
- Deal with enquiries and/or complaints made by or about you, in accordance with our legal obligations.
We will not sell or provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or any similar reason.
You can, of course, change your contact preferences at any time. To stop receiving our messages, simply click on the Unsubscribe option which we always provide. Or you can email the Jewel team.
Privacy Statement in relation to training delegates
Jewel Training will email to you all materials resulting from the training we deliver to you. This might include pre-workshop materials such as a questionnaire, workshop materials such as PowerPoint slides, and assignments (if you are studying for a qualification). These materials form a part of our contract with your employer regarding the training we provide. In some cases your employer may have asked for the materials to be sent to one recipient in your company, to then be forwarded to you. If we have received this request, then you will not receive emailed materials directly from us, but from an intermediary within your own company.
Please note that we are required to keep records (including contact details) of our learners, especially where a qualification is involved. So even if you do not want to be added to our contact list, we will hold your contact details in our own records. And we will send you training materials as previously mentioned, as these form a part of our contract with your employer, we will not, however, send you anything else. All our records, whether paper or electronic are held securely.
The length of time that we hold your details will depend on the type of training you have received and the regulations which we must follow in the cases of qualifications and/or government or other funding streams. As a general rule, we hold information for the current academic year (August to July), plus the three last academic years. You may be interested to know that in the case of apprenticeships, the government currently require that all training providers keep records until 2030!
We may have to share your personal data with our partners (awarding organisations, partner colleges, government bodies) in the case of qualifications and/or government or other funding streams. BUT, please be assured we will never sell your personal data for marketing or any other purpose.
Jewel Training is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and our data protection registration number: Z3163180. The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected by and/or for Jewel Training & Development Ltd is Julie Johns, Director.