The Jewel Training Team
Julie Johns - Managing Director & Founder
Julie is an experienced training consultant and personal development coach who specialises in people development and life skills. She also has considerable experience in the design and delivery of a variety of workshops to enhance the skills, knowledge and attitude at all levels within the business environment. These include team building, team leadership, management development, personal awareness, stress management, executive coaching and mentoring. As a skilled facilitator and people developer, Julie uses a variety of tools and techniques to enable individuals and companies to meet their full potential. These include NLP, accelerated learning and other inspirational and dynamic learning approaches.
Susan Nicholls - Administrator
Susan joined Jewel Training after a career break to bring up her family. Prior to this, Susan spent 23 years working in the financial services sector, where she gained a wide and varied set of skills that are appropriate to the administration of training and development courses and workshops.
Her strengths lie in her excellent attention to detail and proficient customer service. Susan is responsible for assisting Toni, our Business Support Manager in all aspects of the daily running of Jewel’s business.
Toni Taylor - Business Support Manager
Toni was a secretary in the Civil Service for 12 years, gaining administrative experience that translates into the training environment. She then worked in the editorial team for specialist magazines including Land Rover Enthusiast which fuelled her passion for driving Land Rovers off-road.
In her role as Operations Manager, Toni is responsible for quality control, creation of course materials, co-ordination of the trainers and their training responsibilities.
Toni also deputises for Julie Johns.
Louise Bridges - Finance Assistant
Louise joined Jewel in 2016 after a break to have a family. Previously she has worked in banking, finance, accounts and as a Dental Nurse. Louise is your point of contact for all your invoice and payment queries.
Louise has a special interest in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. She volunteers for a local organisation who support the parents of special needs children to ensure they are getting the education and support they need and deserve. She also enjoys baking, which the Jewel team don’t seem to mind!
At Jewel we work with carefully selected Training Consultants who specialise in a range of topics and styles. This allows us to deliver excellent training and development across a full range of subjects, and at all levels of an organisation. They are selected to join Jewel based on the following criteria:
- Past experience of the subjects, and excellent client testimonials and feedback.
- Qualifications - we expect all Training Consultants to have adult learning and/or teaching qualifications.
- Ethics and values which mirror those of Jewel.
- The variety of delivery modes and styles they offer, for example use of accelerated learning, scenario planning, practical activities, certified profiling practitioner, skills practitioner.
- Relevant coaching qualifications, such as the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Workplace Coaching.
- ILM approved trainers – to achieve this Training Consultants complete the Jewel verification process. This involves lesson plan sampling, observations of workshop delivery, feedback from delegates and clients.