Executive Coaching was defined by Jeffrey E Auerbach, PH. D, MCC as
“a professional relationship between a trained coach and a client (who may be an individual or a group) with the goal to enhance the client’s leadership or management performance and development. Through a process of inquiry, dialogue, and other tools, the coach serves as a thought partner to help the client examine and develop his or her decision-making, experiment with new ways of thinking and being, and commit to action steps that help achieve the client’s goals.”
However, I also like the succinct definition by Mary Beth O’Neill in her book “Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart” where she says:
“Executive coaching is helping leaders get unstuck from their dilemmas and assisting them to transfer their learning into results in the organisation.”
WHY it is so powerful
It works in the present – the here and now. It is directly applicable to people as it’s all about them and what is happening for themselves and their organisation at the current time.
It is also great at raising awareness about thoughts, behaviours and attitudes and making sustainable changes so you get a clear action driven coaching plan to apply personally, and in the organisation, immediately.
WHERE we can make a difference
- Supporting to reshape a department to make the best of their people
- Dealing with changes created through a merger/acquisition
- Changing perceptions of behaviours within leadership team
- Building stronger relationships within Senior Management Team
- Developing growth strategy for the company
- Breaking down Silo mentality within departments
- Supporting Senior Leadership teams with their own development
- Creating Vision and Strategy for a growing business
We pride ourselves on getting to know the customer so that we can best match a coach to your needs.
If you would like to know more or are interested in having some executive coaching for yourself or your executive team then please contact us.